In April 2018, I reached my breaking point.
I was 23, living with my parents, working as a waitress in a town that was hours away from any of my friends. I felt like a failure who had amounted to nothing, not having a “real” job, my college degree rotting away. I was angry, sad, and ashamed of who I was and what my life had become. I didn’t know what was next or where I was headed… until I got a text from a friend.
“Would you be willing to make make me a workout program?”
I had gotten my CPT in February the same year, which she had known from following my (then anonymous) “fitstagram.” I had no intention to train anyone with it. I truly just wanted to see what the “secret to seeing results was” after 5 years of making minimal progress in the gym. I was so excited about my new knowledge… only to sprain my knee (drunkenly falling down the subway stairs) at the start of March putting my own training on hold.
I agreed, and with it made a commitment to myself that I was going to do things differently. I too wanted to follow a workout program and work on my eating habits with no rules/restrictions (something I had never done before). The one rule I did have was to show up. I couldn’t succumb to my excuses, and instead looked at each day as a learning experience. It felt like the one thing I could control when my life felt like it was falling apart.
Hand in hand, we both started to make progress, and my online coaching business was born.
I went from being in a body that I felt trapped in, constantly covering myself up in baggy clothes and dreading having to see myself naked in the shower, to being in a body that I feel proud of. A body that is strong and a mind even stronger.
The confidence in my body had a domino effect into the rest of my life. Learning I was capable of more than I realized in the gym led me to realize that the same was true for the rest of my life. I no longer had to live by old stories, could wear clothes I never thought I could, pursue the career path I desired, and so much more (cue me having the confidence to move 2300 miles across the country while knowing no one 😬). Now all I want to do is help you achieve the same.
Over the last five years, I’ve worked with hundreds of women, created countless programs, spent hours reading research, crafted and improved upon my coaching services, studied and earned my PN1 (Precision Nutrition Level 1 Course), and even got a coach myself (Hey Bret!).
Here enters my 1-on-1 coaching, the best way that I am able to show up for you.
Your story may look drastically different. Your “why” may be different. But if your “what” is to be the strongest, most badass YOU that you can possibly be, read on babe. It’s about to be one hell of a ride!
How it works:
- I create a completely customized program to you, your goals, and your equipment that you follow for one month at a time
- We share a Google Sheet, which is where you will access your program and input your lifting notes, as well as keep track of your lifting goals and PRs
- We share a Google Drive, which is where you will upload your training videos after each workout
- I will review each lift from every workout and input my notes on your Google Sheet of what to focus on the upcoming week. I will record and upload any form help video demonstrations in response when necessary
- You gain access to a complete video database of form demonstrations for every lift
Who 1-on-1 is for:
- Someone who is ready to be their strongest, most confident self
- Someone who is willing to take the time each week to workout, upload notes/videos, and fill out a weekly check in
- Someone who is willing to open up when things get rough
- Someone who wants to improve upon their form
- Someone who is unsure when to go up in weight or how to practice progressive overload
- Someone who is ready to make a positive change for themselves
- Someone who wants a coach to push them beyond what they ever thought they were capable of
- Someone who wants a coach that genuinely cares about their success
- Someone who is ready to take action
- Someone who is ready to invest in themselves
Who 1-on-1 is not for:
- Someone who doesn’t care to get strong or push the weights
- Someone who needs constant encouragement/reminders to complete weekly/daily tasks
- Someone who doesn’t want to record their lifts
- Someone who doesn’t want to make the time each week to get the workouts done, upload notes/videos, and fill out a weekly check in
Q: Do you provide meal plans/go into nutrition?
A: Nutrition/diet is not included in the 1-on-1 coaching. I do not provide meal plans as I am not a Nutritionist or Registered Dietitian. If you struggle with an Eating Disorder, I encourage you to please seek out professional help.
Q: Do I need access to a full gym?
A: Nope! We can get a lot done with a barbell, some plates, a bench, and some dumbbells!
Q: Is there a minimum time frame?
A: I take on new clients for a minimum of 2 months at a time. This allows for enough time to first establish proper form, see where your strength is at, and start to develop positive habits. Once we have that foundation the fun starts 😛 We can discuss after the two month time period if you wish to sign up for an additional two months.
Q: Why is this the only coaching service you offer?
A: I want to help you to the best of my ability, and in order to do so it requires all the instruments that the 1-on-1 coaching includes. In the past I have offered weekly check ins or one off form checks, but I have found that it only scratches the surface and leaves so many things left unknown. I want to be in this with you and this formatting makes that possible.
What are the first steps?
If you are serious and ready to make the time and financial investment in your best, strongest self please fill out this 10 question application. I will review it and reach out to you with the next steps if I feel like we will be a good match to work together. SPOTS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN. Please anticipate a response in 3 business days.